at our location in Greer (SC, USA)
- Confer with engineers and design staff to interpret design concepts.
- Use provided tools (CAD) to create or modify electrical schematics.
- Assist with electrical installation and troubleshooting.
- Perform overall systems design and engineering tasks.
- Review all applicable documentation and company procedural manuals to determine critical attributes of design.
- Perform calculations in preparation for designing products.
- Retrieve and review all customer specification documents, vendor quotes, drawings and diagrams for creating electrical designs for customer.
- Revise drawings and designs based on change orders and customer requests.
- Guide and educate lower level co-workers
- Three or more years as senior electrical designer in the industrial field, associates or equivalent experience.
- Experience in electrical installation in the industrial field and excellent electrical background.
- Excellent knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers and their equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of Drives, Drive Controllers and Power Supply Equipment.
- Ability to design and calculate the electrical equipment for industrial machinery.
- Ability to work with design standards.
- Excellent knowledge of the rules and regulations (e.g., National Electric Code, NFPA (70E, 79), Electrical Safety Orders of the Division of Industrial Safety, California Code of Regulations) to safely complete work assignments and provide direction/information Excellent knowledge of machine or plant safety standards and regulations (FS). UL Standards (e.g. UL 508) or IEC or EN Standards (e.g. EN ISO 13849, EN 60204)
- Ability to guide a team of electricians and manage the work of Electrical Designers.
- Excellent Knowledge of two or more CAD Software.
- Ability to do project management for middle to large industrial projects.
- Ability to teach and train lower level personal.
- Support in sales and writing quotations
- SAR Automation LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.