SAR South Africa (SAR SA) has been awarded the contract for a project at Mercedes Benz in East London (South Africa).
ROFA will be the general contractor and contracting authority of SAR SA. The individual projects within the final assembly comprise the following:
- Extension and modification of existing electric monorail system for heavy loads (Mech 1 & 2)
- Extension and modification of existing electric monorail system for doors (door line)
- New installation of roller conveyors and electric monorail system for the engine assembly (engine line)
- New installation of plate conveyors downstream from the electric monorail system for heavy loads (Mech 3 & 4)
- Extension and modification of existing automated guided vehicle plant (AGV) and marriage AGV
- Plate conveyor with worker conveyor belt (Mech 0)
2 years - multiple stages
The project will be realized in multiple stages over the next two years. The reason for the modification is a planned increase in quantities for the new Mercedes C class and an upgrade in the system technology to the latest “INTEGRA Wave 6” Mercedes standard.
720 units per day as of 2021
As of June 2021, the daily production quantity of the new C class shall increase to approx. 720 units in East London.
For further information please contact us at
"SAR SA" Project Manager during a plant inspection at Mercedes Benz in East London
Part of the "SAR SA" team in East London